PWR-USB Switchbox is a device that provides 4-channel USB 2.0 switching as well as power distribution capabilities. PWR-USB Switchbox is intended for use by developers working with USB or power sequencing applications.
PWR-USB SWITCHBOX INTERFACES
WARNING! All the PWR-USB Switchbox connectors ground pins are connected to common ground. This includes both USB as well as power connectors.
Interfaces of the PWR-USB Switchbox have been organized so that the inputs are located in the back panel, while the outputs are on the front panel. Back panel interfaces (from left to right, Figure 1):
- 4 USB channel inputs (connector type USB B).
- banana sockets for external power input 1 (connector type banana 4 mm). Red banana power socket is intended for positive power input plug and black is intended for negative / GND.
- circular power socket for external power input 2 (connector outer diameter 5.5 mm, inner diameter 2.1 mm). Inner terminal is positive and outer terminal is negative / GND.
- 8 default settings switches, which set the default switchbox switches’ state upon power-up.
- USB control interface input (connector type USB B). This connector is used also to power the PWR-USB Switchbox.
Figure 1. PWR-USB Switchbox back panel
Front panel (from left to right, Figure 2) hosts
- power LED indicates whether PWR-USB Switchbox is powered.
- 4 power outputs (connector outer diameter 5.5 mm, inner diameter 2.1 mm). Inner terminal is positive and outer terminal is negative /GND. Each output is equipped with a LED indicator. This indicator is lit only when the particular output is active.
- 4 USB channels’ outputs (connector type USB A). Each output is equipped with a LED indicator. This indicator is lit only when the USB channel is active. Note that indicator LED does not show whether the USB connection is present, just that a particular USB channel switch is closed.
Figure 2. PWR-USB Switchbox front panel.
|Item||PWR-USB Switchbox v.6|
|Dimensions||240 x 160 x 60 mm|